Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mama goes to work

First, the singing naked telegram is winning the poll right now. Nice note is losing. Get those votes in!

Second, best news since surgery went well last Monday: Mama's going back to work part-time! Following some negotiations with the executive director, we have agreed to a plan that will have me working a half-time schedule. I'm excited to be putting my feet back in the work pool, as well as to reconnect with a part of my brain that has been on hiatus for nine months, and to have more time with adults! I'm sure it will be hard to be away from the babies at all but I feel very confident that they are in good hands with our neighbor Mindy, who will be watching them all day Monday and a half-day Wednesday. My parents are going to come up Fridays to watch the babies most weeks, and when they can't either Mindy will watch them or Jeff and I may split the day, or we'll find another sitter. Altogether it couldn't have gone a lot better and I'm grateful to be one of the first HLAS employees able to transition to part-time, on my own terms. Hooray! I go back the Monday after Thanksgiving, November 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment