Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Beck cooks with Mama





I also just put us on the list for half a pig from a local farm, so in January or February you may see a photo documenting Beckett or Theo helping Mama butcher a pig! Just kidding, they butcher it for us. So much for filling that chest freezer with breastmilk! It's meat meat meat all the way!

Here's a couple of Grandma Joanie reading one of her favorite books to Theo last week when she was here helping me recover from surgery.



PS I'm feeling pretty good! I still have some soreness and stiffness in my neck (especially looking up) but I have had almost no pain since leaving the hospital. I will see the surgeon tomorrow and have the tape removed and then we'll see what I look like. For now, it's turtlenecks every day. They say that in 3-6 months no one will ever know, but I'll believe it when we get there.

4 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorites, too!
    That's awesome that the return to work plans are satisfactory, and that you have such great childcare arrangements. So happy for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous picture of you and Beck! And I can't get over seeing Theo so gigante! I love it! Hope all goes well tomorrow at your follow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of you and Beck. I have the picture of Joan reading to Theo on my desktop. The kids think it's great because Corduroy is the story they are reading in their book this week. One little girl said that Theo is looking at the same pictures as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for meat! Double yay for a smooth recovery, and triple yay for going back to work part-time!! I'm so glad you were able to negotiate it your way, I think you are going to find the M-W-F schedule unbeatable. And what great pics! Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete