Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First day of work for Mama Lovebo!

Monday was the first day back to work for this Mama Lovebo. I was a little sad Sunday night thinking about being gone all day Monday, but I slept fine and (more importantly) the boys slept fine as well. Mindy arrived at 8am so she could entertain the babies while I packed up and fed them each, and I was late to work as usual. I have a good number of cases but none that I have yet examined are in immediate emergency mode, it appears. It was great to see my colleagues and settle back into a routine at work, and I felt good using a part of my brain that has been dormant for the last nine months. I'm sure there will be parts of work that will annoy me or stress me out but I think it's very good for me to be back at work, especially in this ideal arrangement. I came home at lunchtime to nurse the babies, and returned home before 5pm. They were happy and well-rested and had eaten a good quantity of squash with Mindy. I feel comfortable and secure knowing she is here with them, and I never worry that they are not being taken care of. I also feel good that they will not experience the turnover and different faces of caregivers at a daycare, and can learn to expect to see Mindy's smiling face when I am not here. Mondays are my longest day of work (8:30-4:30) and then I have a whole day with them Tuesday, a half day Wednesday, and a whole day with them Thursday before going back for a shorter day (8:30-3:30) Friday. I think it's a pretty ideal schedule and I'm very optimistic that it will work out well for our family.

The general nighttime routine now is we put the babies to bed between 6-7pm, depending on how tired they are, and they sleep through til 1am or so. At 1 I feed one or both of them. Someone usually wakes up again around 4 or 5am, and I feed one or both of them. Sometimes Beck wakes up earlier than 1, usually around 10 or 11, and wants to eat. It seems to us that he is putting on a lot more weight than Theo, but we won't know for sure until we go to the six-month pediatrician appointment next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment