Saturday, November 19, 2011

More solid foods!




We're still experimenting with solid foods, seeing what types of foods the boys like and at what times of day. I'm pretty much through with rice cereal, as I really don't see the point. The boys have had mashed banana, pureed butternut squash, and pureed peas. I need to make the applesauce at some point so they can try that. The squash last night was definitely the biggest hit, though it may also have been because it was at the right time, when they were hungry and alert and could best tolerate it. Each of them ate a full ice cube tray's worth of squash. They can together put down half a banana but the peas and the rice cereal is more difficult to get down. I'm going to try the squash again today. They're nursing as much as ever, and we'll see how that changes as they start to eat more.

1 comment:

  1. That is great! James is taking to eating "solids" like a champ. He was not fond of rice cereal either, so I switched it to oat ceral instead, which he loves and it doesn't bind him up. He loves bananas, avacado, butternut squash and is getting used to sweet potatos . . . today I prepped pears and peas for our next couple food challenges! He gets a table spoon of fruit or veggie at noon with some oat cereal and then again at about 5:30ish each day. His bottles have decreased from about 9 in a 24 hr period to 5 or 6 which is just about right. Overall he is thriving and loving the highchair his grandma Botsford got him! I am hoping to have him sitting up by himself for a little period of time by Christmas. He is trying hard to do it now, so I think with practice each day he will be strong enough and have better balance. We miss you guys and hope we can get a few minutes to see you over Christmas as we will be up for about 4 days - I don't know if we will have time over Thanksgiving weekend as we don't come up until Friday morning and have to leave Sunday morning. Give everyone a hug from us! Love you,
    Kelley, Brent and James

    ReplyDelete