Saturday, November 19, 2011

Firsts! and a few anniversaries

We scored two free snowsuits from a mom in the Multiple Moms Mingle group. This is Theo modeling the handmade one we got. I don't really understand why it has a wizard hat attached, but it's warm and the price was right.

Theo has his first tooth! It has cut through his gums but is still hard to see, especially with all the thrashing that occurs when one tries to look inside his mouth. But it is easy to feel. It is kind of sharp and ridged and definitely a tooth. Our babysitter, Mindy, found it when she came over to watch Theo when I went to my boss' retirement luncheon. I hadn't even noticed it! He hasn't been grumpy, or had a hard time sleeping, or anything. He just cut his first tooth, no big deal.

So here's the roundup of points awarded so far in the FIRSTS categories:

Theo, with two points: first born, first tooth
Beckett, with three points: first smile, first laugh, first to roll from front to back.

And I want to mark the belated anniversary of when we found out I was pregnant with twins, on Veterans' Day. We went for a hospital tour of the St. Joe's Birth Place at 11am, which was awesome and had us very excited to have a baby there, and then went from there to our 1:10pm sonogram to find out how far along I was. The tech, after taking forever and worrying me that there was no heartbeat, announced that in fact there were TWO heartbeats and that we were growing two babies. Jeff of course laughed hysterically doubled over with his head between his legs for about ten minutes, and I felt my eyes roll back in my head and may or may not have been conscious for the rest of the exam. I was nine weeks pregnant. Today is the anniversary of when Jeff and I traveled to New York for me to undergo CVS, early genetic testing of the babies. And I believe it was December 3 when we found out that both babies were healthy and that we were having twin boys! So last Thanksgiving was a bit of a stressful time, awaiting the results of the CVS. We're so grateful and happy this year to be celebrating with our gorgeous and funny babies!

This picture has nothing to do with anything except I think it's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment