Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Poll

I want to do something nice for my awesome endocrinologist who has managed my care so carefully over the last month, who arranged my surgery and talked me down numerous times from a steroid- and hyperthyroid-induced hysteria. She found me pulmonologist #2 and is tapering me off the steroids. She has seen me every week throughout this nightmare, fitting me in to her very busy schedule, and has spent countless hours coordinating my care with both pulmonologists, my primary care physician, and my surgeon. And throughout, she has made me laugh and feel taken care of at the same time. She has also, ever so carefully, suggested on multiple occasions that the care I received at the hospital I first went to was sub-par.

So how do I thank her for everything she's done? Keep in mind that she's semi-offbeat, no kids, and has a foul mouth. She is rough around the edges but sweet. She talked for 10 minutes last visit about how much she loves Halloween, but won't dress up because last time she had the office dress up a nurse dressed up as Snow White and her first patient was a dwarf. Awkward!

Let me know in the poll or in the comments below how I should thank her--I really need your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment