First night of sleep training:
Asleep at 7pm, no crying, no fussing
Awake at midnight, crying/screaming/fussing for 45 minutes, then asleep
Awake at 4:45am to eat, then back to sleep with no fussing or crying
Awake for the day at 7:15am
Second night of sleep training:
Asleep at 7pm, no crying, no fussing--especially impressive because I did bedtime by myself because Jeff was at a conference in Buffalo
Awake at 3am to eat, then back to sleep with no fussing or crying
Awake for the day at 6:15am
Who knows if it has anything to do with us or what we're doing, or whether they were ready to start sleeping better, or if it will last any length of time. I know that I feel a ton better having slept a good long stretch two nights in a row, and I will take it!
I'm not sure I ever updated on the BF front. When all was said and done for my hospitalization and medical crisis a month ago, the boys had about three days of bottled breastmilk (both mine and that of dear friends), then four days of partial formula, partial donated breastmilk, and then for about three days, back to nursing full-time with a bottle of donated breastmilk in the night before I could feed them myself again. Since about October 3 we've been fully and exclusively breastfeeding again. When I'm in the hospital for the surgery Monday, the boys will get some of my milk I've stored over the last few weeks, and then when someone can make a trip back from the hospital they'll have some fresher stuff. As I understand it there's nothing about the anesthesia or the surgery that should prevent me from nursing throughout the time I'm in the hospital. We'll have to see how I'm feeling to know whether the boys can come visit me while I'm there, but either way I should be home by early Tuesday morning. They'll have lots of family here to care for them while I'm gone, and frozen breastmilk to tide them over. I hope I'll write again some time next week to give an update on the surgery and the recovery! Please wish us well!
No comments:
Post a Comment