Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Three months!

Sunday the boys turned three months old! They can do lots of amazing stuff, like... well, they can smile and giggle. We think that's pretty great.

Grandma Joanie and I had a great swim Saturday but was it the last of the summer? The pool in the park is empty and there is a definite chill in the air. But we can still take great walks in the neighborhood and here's to hoping we still have a few more weeks of good weather before fall hits.

We had a great dinner out on the porch Friday night in continued celebration of my birthday. The food was all fantastic and the babies were friendly and well-mannered, for the most part. Here are friends Stacey and Joe, who are expecting their first baby, a little girl, in November.


Saturday we spent a great day at the lake with Grandma Joanie and Grandpa Stu (or Grandpa Joanie and Grandpa Stu, if you are in the know).

What's up, Grandpa Stu?


Sunday the Parkes family visited and I got to see Baby Whisperer 1.0 (Pete) and Baby Whisperer 2.0 (Benji, AKA Goof) work their magic on the babies. I wish that Benji lived closer because these guys could not get enough of him!

Theo and Beckett chillin on the couch at the lake.

Karen with Theo.

Pete with Beckett.

Benji with Beckett.
Mornings are pretty much always great times with the boys. They are in a good mood, smiling and laughing, and it's usually the best time to talk to them both and for them to interact with each other.



Check out these two heartbreakers!So after more than a week of sleeping 6+ hours at a time, simultaneously, including some bouts of 8+ hours of sleep, the boys have switched it up and I am exhausted. They were reliably sleeping from 10-6, with Theo sometimes waking up once but Beck often sleeping straight through. Now, 6am is early, but when I've gotten six or more consecutive hours of sleep I can't complain about waking at 6. The last few nights they've been going to sleep at 8pm and then each waking up at least once during the night. Last night they both ate around 10 after being asleep since 8 or before, and then Theo woke up at 2am to eat, Beckett at 3am. Then Theo was up again at 6:30 to eat again before going back to sleep while Beckett ate. The night before was worse--Beckett was up and ready for the day at 5am. We had him in our bed for a short time before I put him in the swing and he fell back to sleep. I'm not really sure if we should be doing something different or what we in fact did differently (if anything) to change up their routine. I don't mind the 8pm sleep time, because it means we can have a quiet grownup dinner, and they seem a lot less cranky in the evening when they just sleep earlier. But multiple wakeups are exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment