Luckily my boys want to sleep longer stretches at night, because I don't have time to read any of those books with competing sleep strategies, nor do I really have the energy to implement them. Saturday night, at my parents' cottage, the boys slept from 10pm until 6am. I woke up at about 5:50 and whispered to Jeff, "Oh my gosh, they have slept for 8 hours!" Without a peep. They were then up and ready to go at 6am but after getting 7.5 hours of sleep in a row and without disruption, I felt like I could take on the world. Does anyone have any math problems they need done? How about packing the car? My brain semi-functions again! They slept a good part of the morning yesterday, too, interspersed with lots of smiles and talking and laughing. Theo especially is a great conversationalist and will talk to you for a while if you talk back and then give him time to respond. Maybe Jeff will post some video of that soon (nudge, nudge, Daddy!).
Last night Theo woke up at 2:30 and couldn't be soothed without eating, so he ate and went back to sleep. Beck woke up at 6:00 after sleeping a good 8.5 hours. He giggled and smiled with me for about a half hour and then fell asleep again. They're both now napping again now, which has given me time to finish unpacking from the weekend, finish up the two loads of laundry we started last night, and write a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment